History

The main section of the building of the Plough Inn, Far Forest, dates back to c1500. The original date of the pub is unknown however the cellar and stables (now the bar) were built in 1720 when the Plough became a coaching house.

The Coaching House Inn was a well-known watering hole on the ‘Welch Switch Back’ serving local ales and ciders, as well as offering accommodation and bathing facilities to clientele travelling from Wales to Birmingham. The original cellar is still in use and has a natural watercourse running through the centre,  which keeps the cellar at a perfect humidity for our wide selection of local real ales! Mark Giles, the proprietor of the Plough Inn, prides himself in his high standards of cellar keeping and during the summer months offers a variety of up to eight real ales!

Mark and Louise Giles have now owned and managed the Plough Inn for the past 16 years, in which time the business has gone from strength to strength. The Plough Inn is part of Nostalgia Inns Ltd along with Ye Old Punch Bowl, Bridgnorth.

The Plough Inn is a family run business, with both Mark and Louise’s sons having active roles both here and at The Punch Bowl.
“We pride ourselves on serving top quality, locally sourced, home cooked food, with excellent customer service. Our customer’s enjoyment and satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. This is why we are ‘England’s Number 1 Carvery’! “ - Mark Giles